Yorkshire Counsellor Directory
Find a therapist in Yorkshire
Search » Phil Mitchell
I am a qualified therapist and since 2004 I have provided one-to-one counselling and psychotherapy to adults, young people and children.
I specialise in working with male sexual abuse and have significant experience in working with men and boys affected by rape, sexual abuse, sexual assaults and sexual violence. I have over eight years experience of managing a male only sexual exploitation service and in supporting boys and men at risk of, or who have experienced sexual exploitation and abuse. I am also an experienced trainer and public speaker addressing male sexual abuse on a national level.
I am also experienced in working with stress, depression, anxiety, trauma, bereavement, anger, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties and more.
I am also a qualified supervisor and since 2012 I have provided supervision to qualified and trainee counsellors, and also to other practitioners working with children in high risk situations.
I am registered and accredited with The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) meaning my counselling practice has been deemed sufficiently ethical.
Nov 2012 - Present: Private Person Centred Supervisor
Mar 2009 - Present: The BLAST Project, Sexual Exploitation Project Coordinator.
May 2008 - Oct 2008: Counselling Coordinator & Counsellor, The Bridge Therapy Centre, Coventry.
Jun 2007 - Present: Private counsellor, private practice.
Jan 2007 - Jan 2008: Counsellor, Freshwinds LGBT Project, Birmingham.
Aug 2004 - Mar 2010: Counsellor, Cruse Bereavement Care.
I have also worked as a counsellor for Relate, Terrence Higgins Trust, ITV, Cruse Bereavement Care, Coventry City Council, a number of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) and a number of other counselling agencies.
Qualifications and Training
- Mar 2012 - Nov 2012: Certificate in Person Centred Supervision, Temenos, Sheffield
- Jan 2008 - Feb 2008: Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Bridge College of Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Sep 2007 - Mar 2008: Introductory Practitioner's Course in CBT, BACP Accredited, University of Birmingham
- Sep 2004 - Jul 2006: Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy, BACP Accredited, University of Warwick
- Sep 2002 - Jun 2003: Level 2 Certificate in Further Counselling Skills and Studies, Thomas Danby College, Leeds
- Sep 2000 - Feb 2001: Introductory Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills, Thomas Danby College, Leeds
|BACP :||British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy|
|BACP Register :||BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists|